Sunday, December 03, 2006

"Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to New Year!"

That is Jude's holiday greeting to you all. He's having a little difficulty with "Happy New Year". Funny how a two year old can have a deeper voice than his mom:

 

I was telling Kwang the other day that I think I've become an anomaly. A couple of people I know who just had their first child have been telling me lately that although they originally wanted three or four kids, they are now considering having less. Lunatic Lisa, on the other hand, has a growing desire to repopulate the earth. If I were younger, I think I'd want at least two more kids. Must be the sleep deprivation induced delirium talking. But Jude & Eli are just so much fun right now. Very tiring, but very fun! Those close to me are probably thinking this is SO NOT Lisa... and they would be right! When people think of women who have that wonderful maternal instinct, they think of my older sister and not me. I take no offense, that's just the truth. She's the type that enjoys creating nice crafty, educational projects for her kids to work on at home. Me? Well, our family passes the time by playing "Pest Control: Find And Kill Ants That Have Raided The House." Seriously, if this xanga site has taught you anything, it is that they will let anyone be a parent.

12

But really, if you heard Jude proudly say "Geh-mee! Geh-mee! I killed it!" every time he found an ant, you'd get a kick out of it, too. Unfortunately, our hope of Jude learning Korean as he spends time with my mother-in-law has sort of backfired on us. Instead of having a bilingual son, we now live with a two year old FOB who doesn't really know Korean but pronounces English words with a Korean accent. Milk is now "meel-keu", orange is "orange-ee", and the letter "V" is sadly no longer "veee" but "boo-eee".

Cousins Justin (8½ mos) and Eli (7mos):

12

Our friend Elsie & her daughter Kate were in town from Chicago and stopped by for a visit. Jude immediately took to Kate and enjoyed sharing his toys:

12

Eli is also making leaps and bounds in the developmental process. The following clip was uploaded for my parents back in Chicago who have become my #1 xanga fans because they miss their two grandsons so much. My mom told me that my dad watched last week's 8 second video clip for an entire hour. Eli loves doing "jahk-jahk-goong"-- this is the phrase koreans say repeatedly in a giddy voice to teach their baby to clap on command. He's even learned to clap when he hears music thanks to the many Jude And Lisa Band concerts he's attended. A friend of mine likens Eli to a squirrel storing nuts in his cheeks for the winter. But another friend recently told me Eli is finally thinning out. I'll leave it to you to decide. Whatever the case may be, he is still my constant bundle of adorableness.

9 comments:

StreetFighterRyu said...

your boys are too stinkin' cute! i've never heard jude speak with words until i saw that clip (in nursery, he usually just points at stuff that he wants to play with).  he's getting so big!

hsim said...

LOL about jude and his fobby engrish... =)  i love the pics and clips... the ones of eli just warm my heart, i love his chubby cheeks!  you know, i have to hand it to you... you do such an excellent job of distributing your love and attention to both your boys... i'd give you two more eprops for that if i could!  :)

christinaycho said...

Rob and I were CRACKING UP about Jude's fobbish tendencies! We can't wait to hear it in person. Eli is a very good clapper! You can hear the distinct clapping noises....

dzhina said...

what adorable boys! i want to gobble them up! lisa, your descriptions of them are so entertaining...

Anonymous said...

you have such adorable boys...

Anonymous said...

Jude does have a very "manly" voice.  Which bodes well for him, don't get me wrong.  You wouldn't want your son to have a girly, squeaky voice by any means.  Perhaps he has a radio broadcasting career in the making.  Though he may have to lose the FOB accent...then again, if you're still living in L.A...kee, kee, kee.

epark7581 said...

lisa, you really do enjoy motherhood and make me look forward to it  :)

sohnsarah said...

You aren't too old, Lisa! You have plenty of years left to rear the lil' ones! I think you should aim for a girl...

janejchang23 said...

so cute lis!  love it, love it, love it!  i too think i played it over and over and over again!  have to say, just want to bite eli's cheeks!  and lis, are you sure you are not bribing your kids to perform for you?  how much candy are you giving them?  just kiddinG! ;P  yea and a BIG HUGE W to the "if i were younger" statement!  miss you!