Sunday, January 14, 2007

Lellow

I'll be sad when Jude begins to accurately pronounce the color "yellow". There are just some things I don't wish to correct. His current favorite book is "Oh, The Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss. He has been requesting this book every night but calls it the "Lellow Boy Book" because the main character is wearing a yellow outfit.

The Bears are going to the NFC Championship! Too bad I lost my copy of the "Superbowl Shuffle"...

Since my family visited a few weeks ago, Jude has reached a noticeably new level of speech & conversation. I can tell he loves being able to express his thoughts or ask questions in complete sentences. I’m surprised daily by a new phrase or verb tense he uses. But as quickly as he's growing, he is still our little Jude. He happily informs us when he's passed gas and exactly how many times (“Ah-bbah! I boomped two times!”) or when his nose itches ("Uhmmah! I got the burgert!"). The latter was a sentence that surprised me because I know I never taught him the word "booger". And no matter how many times I try to correct him, he insists that the flying vehicle Mickey Mouse rides is a SPACESHIT.

Jude loves to greet his brother in the morning when he hears him cooing.
good morning eli

Kwang was in London all week on business and then in Vegas this weekend w/friends. We missed him so much! Well, maybe just me & Jude. Eli might have thought of him once in a while, but I’m not sure he missed him. He was too busy catching up on his milestones. Our little Michelin man has started to show signs of authentic crawling. He can finally get his rotund belly off the floor! He is 8 months old which means he should probably be working on his cruising skills at this point. But being the mediocre mom that I am, it would go against my parenting practices to push him to learn faster. Yes, I am a disgrace to the Korean competitive spirit.

crawling

As much as I would love for my sons to be athletic, witty, artistic, handsome scholars, what I continually pray for most is their faith. I pray that God would help them grow into a deep understanding of who He is. There is so much I hope for regarding my sons, but my greatest if not only true hope is for their salvation. One of the best moments of my day is checking up on them before heading to bed. I love just watching them sleep. Oftentimes, it is at these moments that I am moved to lift them up in prayer one last time for the day.

"Pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord. Lift up your hands to Him for the lives of your children."   Lamentations 2:19

 

4 comments:

janejchang23 said...

lis, thanks for sharing.  truly makes me feel like i can experience them growing up.  your postings are a great thing...you are capturing great moments.  b/c let me tell you if you didn't document it, time just flies by and b4 u know it, it is gone and lost.  enjoy every precious moment!

christinaycho said...

you are superwoman for being able to handle both kids on your own while kwang was away on business!! eli crawling already?! wow, that's a big milestone....

schmoomoo said...

i was just going to comment that you write the BEST posts.... so great and captures how your kids are growing up... then i read jane's comment and i just have to hang my head in agreement... i just get really overwhelmed with how much i'd LIKE to write that i never end up doing it and it's been shamefully way too long since i posted... anyways, i really do enjoy your posts lisa... wish i could see your kids growing up and that our kids could play together...

hsim said...

eli is SO adorable!  i just sat here for a few minutes just staring at his pic with a big ole smile on my face.  i just want to bite his cheeks!!  :)