Monday, February 05, 2007

And so it is

Congrats to Indianapolis. Great speech by Coach Dungy. And the interview Lovie Smith gave after the game was just as classy, I thought. How can you not love the Midwest? After seeing a picture I had on my desk of Jude & Eli in full Chicago gear last week, a co-worker of mine told me he grew up a diehard Bears fan. A friend of his here in L.A, also a Bears fan, hosted a Superbowl party and catered Portillos! They met at a bar in West L.A. that is exclusively a Chicago Bears bar. How great is that? CHICAGO FANS ARE EVERYWHERE. Gotta love it! Superbowl, we will be back.

Fortunately, I had my Chicago bud to watch this year's Superbowl with. I'm thankful to have not only one of my closest friends from Chicago out here, but the one who loves to watch sports even more than I do. Jean is a pretty crazy enthusiastic fan. What great husbands Kwang & Charles are to watch the big game with two... girls.

020407 033

Chicago fans in the making, Matthew & Eli:

020407 049

Matthew is 1½ months younger than Eli. And Eli is 1½ months younger than his cousin Justin (Bo & Bonnie's son). It's a cutie patootie sandwich. Justin & Eli are two of the most serious-looking infants I know:

012807 005

I often tease that Jude will despise having a mother who broadcasts his weekly activities to her 300 closest internet friends and family. But I really hope he doesn't. If my mom kept a blog, I think I would appreciate learning her joys, struggles, and day-to-day musings as a mother and homemaker. The world has changed so much. What would I do without the internet, this amazing source of information and communication available at my fingertips? In this digital-crazed world, my kids have had more pictures taken of them in two years than I have had my entire life. Not only that, my sons will never know what "be kind, please rewind" means or what it is like to have to sit through commercials. Lucky ducks.

020407 007

The love/hate relationship that is growing between Jude & Eli is pretty funny and adorable (right now). I can appreciate the times Jude needles Eli and roughs him up a bit, because I also see the natural, caring affection he has for his younger brother. I think Eli knows this, too, because even at this young age he is still drawn to his older brother despite Jude using his head as a practice golf ball:

After seeing the clip, you're probably thinking, "That's it?" Well, it's for my parents in Chicago who are watching Eli grow via xanga. But if you lived with Eli for the past nine months and, like me, wondered if he might ever have the desire to move from point A to point B on his own before reaching kindergarten you, too, would probably delight in this rather uneventful footage of him ascending the stairs. Besides, how could you not want to squeeze that waddling little booty?

 

6 comments:

hsim said...

great job in climbing those stairs eli!!!  he's soo cute; i still love to just sit and stare at his cheeks... i don't know what it is about them.  :)  hahaha, he and justin DO look so serious in that pic - they look like mini ah-juh-shis.  what in the world could they be thinking?
sorry for the loss at the super bowl.  but hey, it was a total honor just to be there, right?  i was totally rooting for ya!

christinaycho said...

i was totally thinking of you and jean while watching the super bowl....and i hate to admit that i was rooting for peyton manning, but i was. love the photos of eli, matthew and justin. they're just too cute!

janejchang23 said...

yea, our bears....it will just have to be next year!  again, just have to say so cute!  nice that matthew and eli will grow together!  fun!  those were they days when my boys were young!  it is precious and cute!

leebunch said...

i always enjoy your posts. your boys are precious!

sohnsarah said...

We'll just have to wait another 21 years for da Bears to make it to the Superbowl. Maybe by then, Eli will be the starting linebacker.

Anonymous said...

Justin + Eli = Korean version of  "grumpy old men" - at least in that pic.  All I wanna do is pinch those chipmunk cheeks!!