Monday, October 01, 2007

Rollercoaster

So the first word Eli can successfully identify is "Dodgers". I think I can safely say that my sons' knowledge of the L.A. baseball team is due in large part to Kwang's good friend, Henry. He generously gives us tickets from time to time and this past Friday, he gave us the best we've ever had. Our seats were field-level and allowed Jude to thoroughly enjoy the game up close:


As we walked towards our car to go home, Jude turned to me and said in a very happy and satisfied tone, "We have a good time at the game."

Here is Jude ready to catch any foul balls that came our way:


Oh yes, and Eli, too:

We were glad Jude had a great time, because the next day was a trip to the dentist to get dental work done. Yes, our Jude had cavities. It would almost be an understatement to say I was LIVID when the dentist told me. Kwang and I are so diligent about brushing our sons' teeth that my mom even thinks we're borderline neurotic. We are like this, because I feel that most of a person's dental health is genetic and despite all the brushing and flossing, my teeth are still weak. So to find out from several dentists that brushing really could not have prevented Jude's small unfortunate cavities was depressing, to say the least. They said Jude is "unlucky" because his teeth are much closer together and his grooves are deeper than most kids. My sons can now blame me not only for their obnoxiously protruding ears but also for their troublesome teeth. So for prevention purposes, the dentist sealed some of Jude's other teeth and scraped out a gap in between another two. And now we are already flossing little Eli's teeth-- all whopping 8 of them. Nevertheless, through all the shots, drilling, and prodding, our Jude was a champ as usual:

jude at dentist

If we ever have to take Eli in to get more than a routine cleaning done, Lord help us. Magicland Dental will most likely blacklist us. And I wouldn't blame them.

Sunday evening was spent catching up with an old friend, Jack, at Jean/Charles' home. Jack, Jean, & I were on the same Africa missions team back in school. Sadly, our missions team was tagged as the "notorious" one but I'm not quite sure why. Despite the bad rap, I'm thankful to have been on this particular team. It's kind of wild that a group of us still keep in touch, because our trip was 14 years ago. And yet Jack looks exactly the same-- let's all just hate him for a moment-- whereas I look, well, not exactly the same.  **sigh**  

jean jack and lisa      

 

2 comments:

jenyklee said...

sungjai & hannah would be very jealous of those seats!  did this jack guy pop out couple big boys?, didn't think so!  take care lis.

sohnsarah said...

you can't blame your genes alone for raking in da big bucks for Dr. Dentist...Kwang is also a responsible party. Boy, but if I had seats like that the night before getting fillings, I wouldn't pass up the deal!