Monday, December 10, 2007

So This Must Be What The Tuition Is For

This past Thursday, I had a parent/teacher's conference with Jude's pre-school teacher. If you're shocked that I have a parent/teacher's meeting for my three year old son, you're not the only one. You should have seen my face when they brought out a REPORT CARD FOR HIM. I wonder if Jude's teacher questions if I should be responsible for a young child. While she kept reiterating how concerned other parents were with their child's educational and developmental progress, my comments were flavored more with, "Wow! Jude knows all that?" or "You mean they don’t just play?" Turns out, our Jude is "above age-appropriate" in his development. This was great to know, but education really wasn't our intention for putting him in pre-school so early. I know, it's strange that I'm Korean, eh? Our main purpose was for Jude to have more social interaction with peers. He is by nature very shy… like his mommy. No, really, I am. I think that's why I type more than I talk. 

Then on Friday afternoon, my company held a Children's Holiday Party. I told Jude that my company was throwing this party because they wanted to thank him and Eli for letting me go to work. It was very festive with carolers and Santa helpers. The kids got to do fun things such as decorate their own Christmas cookies, although Eli was mainly interested in eating his:

cookies

We also got to see a magic show which Jude loved. He was even selected to participate in a trick. I think it's so cute how Eli always looks like Jude's little shadow like in the picture below. I thought the magician was so hilarious and entertaining, which made me then think I need to get out more:

magic

Finally, the party ended with a traditional picture with Santa, whom Eli didn't like very much:

with santa

As we were loading them into the car after the party, Jude commented, "It was a good time." So while I do enjoy our company's "grown-up" holiday parties, this one by far brought me the most joy.


 

4 comments:

grocery said...

go jude - the little smarty pants! i'm so proud of him and his bible memorizing. that's pretty nice of your work to throw this party for the kids.

mimikim1115 said...

thanks for the cutie patootie christmas card!

hsim said...

LOL!  You crack me up, Lisa.  How funny was that magician??  I can't imagine Jude being anything less than stellar at school and I just want to eat Eli.  Can I, please?

Anonymous said...

That was great of your work to throw a kiddie holiday party. Nice! Although Eli does look a bit distressed by Santa...