Sunday, May 25, 2008

Eli's Favorite Parent

So the fun is over and I'll be heading back to work this week. Fortunately, I'll be starting out part-time from home. And since the hardest part of going back to work has always been leaving my kids, this is an answered prayer.

And although he doesn't know it, it is also an answered prayer for Eli whom I'd like to refer to these days as "my third leg". The past two weeks have been a bit difficult because while Eli likes Audrey, he's not too fond of sharing me with her. Wants me to carry him all the time now. Poor guy. So when I am holding Audrey, I tell him to hold my pantleg. We're quite a sight walking around the house, the three of us. But sometimes, holding my pantleg won't suffice and he'll let me know this by using a technique called Falling Apart. At these times I have to put Audrey down and carry him, because apparently nothing says "I love you" to Eli more than the deliberate neglect of my wailing newborn.

Speaking of my Audrey, here she is laughing in her sleep:

dreams

And my girlie girl in her "puffed sleeves" as Anne Shirley would say:

audrey 5.16.08.jpg
(thanks onyxlox!)
  

7 comments:

littlemissbigbody said...

Next week, it's my turn to hold her.

mimikim1115 said...

my goodness, your posts are so entertaining! 

jeanxbeanx said...

audrey is so cute!  oh man, i feel for eli.  you gave me a vision flash of my life in a few months...

milquetoast said...

"apparently nothing says "I love you" to Eli more than the deliberate neglect of my wailing newborn..." -- Lisa, so funny and so TRUE! You worded that perfectly :)-- natalie

janejchang23 said...

lis!  i hear you're coming!!!! yipee!!!  yea!!!  so excited!  that pic of eli is so precious!  love those cheeks!  and of course audrey is just so sweet!  miss you much!  can't wait to see you (of course you...not only jude, eli and audrey)!  =)

grocery said...

she's beautiful lisa. she looks like mom.

Anonymous said...

Can't believe how big she's gotten already!! Puffy sleeves...so girly, huh? Did you ever think you'd be dressing one of your kids in pink???