Monday, June 09, 2008

The Secret

Do you want to know the secret to making life with two little kids seem like a piece of cake? HAVE THREE KIDS. It's funny, sad almost, how easy having just two kids is when you're suddenly juggling three. And when the older two are boys who don't want to play calmly, forget about it. But I know I signed up for this program and, really, I couldn't be happier. The family definitely feels more "complete".  

bball.jpg 

For a while, I thought Audrey was well on her way to sleeping through the night. But no, no, that would be too easy and predictable. By this age, I had both Jude & Eli sleeping through the night. But Audrey's still too small for me to train, so for the past week she's reverted to waking up twice a night. And when I go to pick her up, she looks at me in the dark of night all wide-eyed as if to say, "Hey, where's the party? I thought there was a party. Take me to the party!"

full tummy.jpg

Many of my conversations with Eli these days usually entail him asking a question about something edible followed by a smothering of kisses from me, just because it's Eli.

("Please can I have chocolate ice cream?")

4 comments:

littlemissbigbody said...

Hey if you play the video clip over and over again like I just did...it sounds like Eli is rapping. Yes, its slow but it has a rhythm. :) You're kids are so cute.

grocery said...

haha eli is so cute asking for ice cream. it would be hard to say no to that face!

janejchang23 said...

lis, hang in there!  and it is probably that audrey is totally normal and more that jude/eli were beyond normal in there sleeping.  welcome to the horrendous first few months of motherhood!  lack of sleep = lack of everything....
just want to squeeze them all!  love how jude jumps in as soon as he heard chocolate or should i say "chaw-let".  truly they are lis' boys!  "what? what? did you say CHOCOLATE?!?!"
can not wait to see you guys!

mimikim1115 said...

man, i want to give eli a gallon of chocolate ice cream to reward him for his "cuteness"!