Sunday, November 23, 2008

Two Going On Five And Four Going On Fifteen

This week I traveled to Dallas on business. With Audrey. I told my department that I couldn't leave my baby for three days and the only way I could possibly go is if they let me take her with me but she's seven months and very active now and would be too disruptive in the meetings and conferences to make the trip worth it. So how did our VP respond? "Not at all! Bring her with!" Yeah.... that didn't go quite as I had planned.

We only went for a day and while it was a challenge keeping Audrey quiet during the meetings, I thoroughly enjoyed the luxury of holding her for all her naps. She's the most huggable little thing.

eli and audrey 020.jpg

For the past month or so, Kwang has been gracious enough to take care of the kids on Saturday mornings while I sleep in for a couple more hours. It has been a lifesaver. I do so much delicious sleeping on Saturday mornings that there probably isn't much sleep left in the world. So if you find yourself waking up early on the weekends without your alarm and wondering why you can't fall back to sleep, that would be because I took all of it, and I'm afraid I'm not giving it back. 

The kids are growing up much too quickly. Spanky can already write his name:





 

And a few weeks ago, this was a conversation at our dinner table:
Kwang: "Jude, who is the coolest boy in your class?"
Jude: "Dylan. Because he runs fast."
Kwang: "Who's the coolest girl in your class?"
Jude: (pausing) "Ummm... Skyler?"
Kwang: "Who's the prettiest girl in your class?"
Jude: (pausing again) "Ummm.... Skyler, I think?"

And THEN a few days ago, this was a conversation between Kwang & Jude:
Jude: "Daddy, I did something nice at school today."
Kwang: "What did you do?"
Jude: "Skyler dropped her juicebox and I picked it up for her."

Conclusion: Lisa can already sense she is not going to do well, not well at all, with the teenage years and on.



3 comments:

grocery said...

jude is such a good big brother, eli looks so happy and audrey is the lil' lady...

katiek1023 said...

Andy does baby duty in the mornings for me too on Saturdays, I love your description of sleeping in being "delicious", that is the perfect description. And I hear you about holding Audrey for her naps, Charley only lets me do that when we're out in public, at home she refuses to sleep in my arms, so I sort of LOVE it when I get the chance. Glad your travels went well, I might hit you up for flying with a baby tips come Christmas time.

emilywhang said...

Lisa, how come Eli is so smart? Elliot should hang out with Eli more