Monday, March 15, 2010

Toot Toot

It's been about three months since I last posted and while you might think there's been a whole lot of growing up going on in our home, let me remind you we are a family that does not impress. That is, unless your definition of impressive is passing gas on command. Because if so, we have a winner! I came home a few weeks ago to find that my mother-in-law and Audrey spent the day perfecting a stupid human trick. When asking, "How does Grandma fart?" I kid you not this is what Audrey will do:


Really, I don't ask for much. Feed them. Keep them alive. You can even teach my kid to fart at will, but can you at least teach one of my sons instead of my only daughter? We did get a good laugh out of it and we still think our Audrey is cute as a button. She is at the same time the most entertaining and scariest of our kids at this age. I don't remember the boys being this goofy. But when her brothers steal her toys to annoy her, watch out. It's gotten a bit worse in the last few months, because while her screams of frustration used to be pretty shrilltastic, these days she is so not kidding about the shrillness.

Last week, Kwang had to go out of the country on business. Fortunately, it was a good excuse to have my mom visit from Chicago which made for a wonderfully pleasant week. But the night Kwang was in the air on his 20+ hour plane ride back home, I got a phone call that woke me up at 1:40am. So of course, a phone call at ridiculous o'clock only meant one of two logical things to me: 1) my husband's plane crashed and he died or 2) MY HUSBAND'S PLANE CRASHED AND HE DIED. To my relief, it was American Airlines calling to tell me my mom's upcoming flight was canceled. But boy was that ever cruel timing!
Kwang brought a few things back for the kids and among them was this $3 shirt for Eli, because Eli loves school about as much as I love automated phone calls in the middle of the night:
I think my mom's visit last week left her traumatized by the daily schedule I have to maintain. It's no wonder I have been feeling a tremendous amount of guilt lately for not being able to put Jude in after-school activities like basketball or soccer. Unless I can find a way to clone myself, I'm going to have to figure something out soon before the only skill my kids will have mastered by high school is the hula hoop. Or farting on command.

No comments: