Friday, April 18, 2008

He Unfortunately Gets His Sense of Style From Me

After dropping Jude off at school yesterday, I took my other two peanuts to my office. My co-workers had generously showered Audrey with so many wonderful gifts before I went on maternity leave that I wanted to introduce her to them. But it was Eli who captured everyone's attention as we walked into the daily ten o'clock meeting. We tried to be discreet as the meeting was going on, but our attempt was futile because this is who walked in with me and Audrey:

cool boy.jpg

Eli INSISTED on wearing his cap and sunglasses. No, not his normal glasses but his shiny bright blue party favor sunglasses. I tried to talk him out of it, but he was adament about wearing them.

The boys have such a cute way of showing Audrey affection. Thinking she might love race cars and monster trucks as much as he does, this was how Jude left her one day while she slept:

jude caring for audrey.jpg

And on another day, Eli thought a little stuffed animal would soothe Audrey's cry:

eli caring for audrey.jpg

This is just how I found her after leaving them for a minute. It is at times like these when I think I can forgive them for the hundreds of times they stick their fingers in her eyes and mouth everyday. I keep wondering why they can't resist and I'm beginning to think it makes life more fulfilling for them.

 

2 comments:

katiek1023 said...

Awwwww! So cute! You realize she'll never be able to bring a boy home with those big bruiser brothers of hers protecting her :o)

hsim said...

that's too cute!  i asked those two in nursery today about their baby sister and they're both very proud bigger brothers.  audrey's one lucky gal!  :)